Willana Urban recognises the increasing need to limit traffic congestion, car dependency and increase the use of public transport and non-motorised modes such as walking and cycling.
Objectives of Willana Urban’s Green Travel Plan
- To reduce the overall number of vehicle trips for journey to work and business travel.
- To reduce the level of car travel to Willana Urban’s office by clients and service providers.
Willana Urban Green Travel Plan Actions
The Willana Urban Green Travel Plan seeks to reduce car dependency through the following actions:
- All staff will receive and have access to comprehensive public transport and local bicycle route information.
- General staff car parking is not provided on-site at Willana Urban offices to encourage use of public transport, walking and cycling.
- Over 50% of our staff are local to the offices and are within walking distance of Willana Urban.
- Using Willana Urban’s intranet, a car pooling system is implemented. Staff that car pool will have access to on-site parking.
- Staff are encouraged to use public transport for site visits and visiting clients.
- Facilities for bicycle storage are available at Willana Urban.
- Willana Urban has established protocol and support for staff to work from home.
Monitoring and Review
Willana Urban’s Green Travel Plan will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis. It is important to ensure the Green Travel Plan is meeting its objectives and having the intended impacts on car use and transport choice. The Plan is designed to be updated and changed to reflect changing circumstances.