Willana Urban has clear objectives relating to an enjoyable work place environment. These are:
- To uphold the values of Willana Urban in the provision of our service to our clients.
- To ensure individual team members are exposed to a variety of projects in line with their personal goals/learning plan.
- To ensure packages are competitive and recognise the contribution and commitment of individual team members.
- To enable alternative work arrangements to the mutual benefit of the organisation and the individual.
- To ensure the ongoing professional development of staff.
- To foster a work environment that is stimulating and enjoyable.
- To deliver a high standard of professional capability in the provision of our services.
As a Senior Project Planner you will be required to:
- Plan, organise, lead and control projects efficiently and effectively.
- Manage a variety of projects.
- Provide supervision to less experienced members of staff.
- Be prepared to appear as an expert planning witness in the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
- Prepare relevant court procedural documents in accord with the Court directions.
- Directly respond to and resolve client enquiries and action requests in a professional manner.
- Contribute positively to the effective operation of the Willana team.
- Undertake other duties as may be requested by the Directors of Willana Associates for the effective operation of the company.
As a minimum, the key tasks listed below provide a framework for the day to day duties/ role of a senior member of our Willana Urban collective.
- Provide assistance to all members of staff on planning matters.
- Follow procedures and processes and assist the Directors in implementing policy.
- Maintaining accurate systems that aid in measuring your performance.
- Provide general assistance in the execution of client outcomes and deliverables.
- As an Urban Planner, ensure that all work produced is consistent with the requirements of the Environmental Planning and assessment Act, 1979, and relevant government planning instruments, codes and policies.
- Demonstrate an understanding and the application of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and other relevant environmental and planning legislation.
- Provide high quality report writing.
- Undertake other duties that may be requested from time to time, in the absence of the Director/s, that relate to the operational management of the firm.
The major challenges faced by the position include:
- Implementing and maintaining best practice in the provision of urban planning services.
- Ensuring the delivery of the consultancy service is undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Focus on the professional delivery of planning services to the clients of Willana Urban.
- Pursuing outcomes that have an increased focus on efficient and effective development that enhances the natural, built and social environment.